Open Door exists to provide a loving atmosphere where the people of God, the Word of God, and the Spirit of God interact to produce real change in people's lives and in the world to the glory of Jesus Christ.
- We believe in the Trinity of God, God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit. God is three in one, as expressed by the Nicene Creed and Creed of Chalcedon.
- We believe in the Lordship of Jesus Christ, who alone is the Savior.
- We believe the Bible is the inspired word of God. It is infallible. It is inerrant in the original. It is the final authority for the Christian faith and practice.
- We believe in the incarnation of God as man in Jesus Christ (the Word became flesh).
- We believe that the way of salvation is both repentance toward God and faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.
- We believe in the power of the Holy Spirit, His dwelling presence in every believer and the gifts that He imparts.
- We believe the church, the body of Christ on earth, is composed of all who place their hope of salvation and forgiveness of sins in Jesus Christ. It is the central agency by which God accomplishes His work in the world. It is both universal (all believers) and local. We seek to identify with all believers in Christ.
- We believe that God has appointed elders, in each church, to oversee His work.
- We believe the essence of the Christian life is a personal relationship with Christ lived out in the fellowship of the church.
- We believe the age will end with the return of Jesus Christ to set up His kingdom.
- We observe the Lord's Supper and baptism as ordinances through which we express our faith in obedience to God.
- We are committed to bringing the Gospel to our local community and to all the world.
- We are committed to equipping the saints for the work of ministry that we might present each one mature in Christ.